Junior Power Operations Specialist
Axpo Bulgaria EAD
Axpo Bulgaria is an energy trading company, founded in 2006 as a subsidiary of Switzerland's largest producer of renewable energy, Axpo Group. Our strategic focus is on power and, with the emerging gas markets in South Eastern Europe, on gas. Axpo Bulgaria is the main energy operations office of Axpo Trading. In our Operational center in Sofia, more than 80 employees carry out activities supporting electricity and natural gas trading across Europe.
Axpo Bulgaria has a team of experienced professionals with in-depth knowledge of the Energy industry. The real energy of Axpo lies in its employees. Committed people who think innovatively and entrepreneurially are the basis of Axpo's success. Become part of the Axpo experience and make a difference.
About the role
We're currently looking for a Junior Power Operations Specialist for our growing Power Operations team in Sofia. In this role, you will be responsible for power scheduling activities for a number of European markets and will contribute to the positive development of our trading business.
What you will do
- Submission of daily nominations for power flows throughout Europe, in a timely and accurate manner
- Participation in capacity auctions for international transfer of power across borders
- Short-term (within-day & day-ahead) trading on European Power Exchanges in order to balance company's portfolio
- Actively collaborate with front office trading department of operational conditions or situations that could be considered as potential threats or opportunities
- Communicate with external parties across Europe regarding operational issues (imbalances, mismatches, etc.)
- Ensure that all transactions are correctly represented in the internal energy portfolio management system
What you bring and who you are
- University degree in Mathematics, Economics, Engineering or equivalent
- Excellent command of the English language
- Technical literacy, very good computer and system skills including, but not limited to Microsoft Office products
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure (must be able to multi-task in a dynamic environment /adjust to changing priorities at short notice/ability to determine tasks, priorities, and goals)
- Attention to detail, ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and supervisors
- A dynamic and challenging working environment
- A friendly and supportive team of professionals
- Opportunity for career development and company sponsored trainings
- Attractive remuneration – base salary and annual performance-based bonus
- Extensive benefits package including: 32 days of paid leave per year, additional health insurance for you and your children (under 18), food vouchers, sports and transportation allowance
If you want to apply for this opportunity click HERE.
Вход / Регистрация